With over 5 million active installations, WooCommerce is the most popular eCommerce plugin and has always been compatible with the Newspaper template. For example, some websites sell a few items and keep a blog to highlight their products and share news about them. Other websites are entire tech portals that sell gadgets. Starting with Newspaper version 11, our news theme has become more WooCommerce friendly due to the new. We’ve added new, useful shortcodes and features for WooCommerce ready for you to enjoy.
What are WooCommerce shortcodes?
WooCommerce shortcodes are pieces of code that you can easily insert into your posts or pages that bring eCommerce functionality. There are a few mandatory tools that must be always included in your site: shop, cart, related products, an easy-to-use filtering system, and so on.
Once you install WooCommerce on your site, you’ll notice that it comes with some pre-built shortcodes with the possibility to purchase more Woo extensions and enlarge the plugin’s capabilities. However, starting with the Newspaper theme 11 update, we’ve added a new premium plugin called tagDiv Shop which is mandatory to run Shop Cloud Templates and extensive features compatible with the WooCommerce plugin. Furthermore, with the tagDiv Shop activated, you can install one of the Prebuilt eShop Websites our design team has carefully built. If you need help to install a prebuilt website design, you can follow along with our video tutorial.
tagDiv Shop Brings WooCommerce functionality
We’ve crafted a dedicated plugin that brings you all the eCommerce functionality you would possibly need to run an online store.
Let’s tackle the tagDiv Shop elements
You’ll find the Woo elements divided into three major sections in the tagDiv Composer page builder:
- WooCommerce shortcodes that are specific to the Woo Template you are currently editing.
- WooCommerce common shortcodes that can be used interchangeably on any Woo Template.
- Block shortcodes – the Woo Product Block. This element can also be used on homepage, product, and category pages and you can easily add filters on it.
- Woo Product Image – this element brings you images from the products tab located in your WordPress dashboard. You can display images as a gallery and decide to display them as a carousel, add sale tags, and style navigation icons, slider, add borders, and so on.
- Woo Product Background Image – grabs a nicely background image of the selected item and displays it as a wide picture you can highly customize with general, style, and CSS settings.
- Woo Product Price – this element helps you customize the item’s price. You can include additional text, establish different colors for the old/new prices, change fonts, and more.
- Woo Product Attributes – the shortcode allows you to display specific aspects of your items, such as color, size, brand, gender, and so on.
- Woo Product Description – brings the item’s information and allows you to style the product description according to your preferences in terms of typography.
- Woo Product Categories – allows you to showcase all the different categories the product is a part of, so that viewers can click on them and explore different other items available for sale.
- Woo Product Tags – tags are a great way to describe your product by using relevant keywords. This element brings the associated tags with the selected product on the page.
- Woo Product Tabs – this shortcode allows you to display a product’s description, additional information, as well as its reviews in the same block, but divided into tabs.
- Woo Product SKU – The SKU refers to the Stock Keeping Unit which is an individual identification ID that might help you with your product inventory.
- Woo Add to Cart – this element changes based on the type of product you’re dealing with: whether it’s a single product or a varied one. It grabs the data and displays it accordingly so that customers can choose how much they want to buy.
- Woo Product Reviews – when you add this shortcode into your product page, you can preview the item’s reviews and style them accordingly to the page’s and website’s design so it blends it seamlessly.
- Woo Product Rating – this element allows you to showcase your clients’ satisfaction with the product’s quality by using a system star-rating. You can establish the stars’ size, space, colors, add review links, and more.
- Woo Product Notices – use this to customize the notices that appear whenever someone adds a product or a variety of products in their cart by displaying one of the three notice messages: error, success, or a general alert. You can add buttons, background colors, borders, icons, and so on.
WooCommerce Common Shortcodes
- Woo Page Title – working exactly like its counter the normal page title, the woo page title can only be utilized on woo templates. You can add a title tag, additional text, change colors and fonts and make additional CSS settings.
- Woo Breadcrumbs – allow your visitors access to the historical links adequate to the page they are visiting. With this element, they can go back to the parent category, main category, or even homepage so they can keep exploring your website and products.
- Woo Custom Add to Cart – this element is perfect for any landing page/page you are working on as you can create a custom cart button for the desired product by adding its ID.
- Woo Loop – this displays all of your products available throughout your entire website. . You can add pagination or enable the infinite loading for the selected products.
- Woo Loop Sorting Options – this element can be used only alongside a Woo Loop block as it affects the elements being displayed through it based on popularity, latest items, average rating, or pricing.
- Woo Attribute Filter – just like with the “Woo Loop Sorting Options” element, this also directly applies and affects the Woo Loop block. It gathers all of your global attributes in one place and lets you narrow down the search for the perfect item.
- Woo Selected Filters – in combination with the “Woo Attribute Filter” and its directly affected block: the “Woo Loop”, this element can erase/delete/uncheck any of the filters that have been applied to your current search.
Woo Product Block
- A vital element for any display of products. It can be used anywhere on your website, and pulls a variety of products. You can sort or filter them, and if you’re using a Woo Product Block on a Woo Product Template, you can also have them pull related or upsells products.
The way you structure your product pages and categories and organize your whole eCommerce website builds a trustworthy and seamless user experience for your visitors. The product lists and multiple filtering possibilities are usability aspects that can help you drive sales and keep people engaged with your website. Newspaper theme has all the necessary elements and tools, all bundled within the tagDiv Shop plugin to help create perfectly functional WooCommerce websites, with stunning visuals.