For a long time, the website owner struggled with the article’s design. Back then making small adjustments like padding or thinner borders automatically implied diving into the code for changes. Those times are over. With the Newspaper theme, you can create perfect templates for your singles, right on the front-end without touching a single line of CSS.
Introducing the Single Post Template Builder
The single template on WordPress refers to the layout used by the posts. Take control of your articles by editing every aspect in the familiar interface of the tagDiv Composer page builder. This is the innovation brought by the Newspaper Theme.
Why is the template builder such a big deal?
It helps you significantly cut the development time to give you more time to spend on creating high-quality content for the site. Focus the attention on the most important thing – the content – rather than on learning how to code. A Single Template allows you to make advanced CSS customizations in just a few clicks without touching a single line of code. Your website visitors will be delighted by your eye-catching new structures. Oh, and don’t forget: you can now have different looks for different articles.
The Single Post Template is the solution to all these problems. Without any further introductions, let’s get straight to the point.
What can you do?
- Create as many templates as you need and assign them to different posts
- Choose where to use it: on multiple posts or a specific one. All the articles automatically use the design of the template you have previously assigned to them
- Make changes on a template without CSS adjustments, right from the tagDiv Composer, and see the results instantly. You can make CSS specific changes like color, padding, typography, and post structure with just a click.
- Going beyond the usual structure of a post, you can quickly add Newspaper Theme’s elements, blocks, and sections by dragging and dropping them in the desired position and see the results happening live. What this means is that you can add, for example, the Social Counter widget, a block like Popular Articles and create a sidebar or a footer designed especially for the post you’re editing in no time.
How to use Single template builder?
To make it even easier for you, our expert designers created dozens of pre-made post templates you can import with a single click.
Access the tagDiv Cloud Library
The first step is to activate the tagDiv Cloud Library plugin. This gives you access to a huge collection of homepages, functional pages, sections, and, many more cool things you must explore. Now, Click on the “Cloud Template” menu and press the ‘Add New’ button to open the Library. Under the ‘Single tab’, you can browse through over 30 beautiful Post Templates.
Import a post template
Go ahead and preview different looks for the articles. See anything you like? To import it into the website, all you have to do is click the “Create template” button. Confirm the option when prompted, and the theme automatically redirects you in the editing version of the template.
To use it just as it is, click the Save button and assign it to the post or posts. You can easily do this, just navigate to the post you want to use the template on. At the bottom of the edit page, in the Post Settings Tab, under Post Template panel then select the template you have created.
If there are some tweaks you would like to make before applying it to posts: you can add elements from the tagDiv Composer to your article by dragging and dropping it in the desired position and see the results happening live. Save the layout and use it later. For example, you can customize the above the fold section of a template by changing the look of the featured image, adding an overlay and choosing the colors for it. Also, let’s adjust typography and apply a gradient to the title.
Import a Blank Template to create a new structure for your article
In the tagDiv Cloud Library, under the Single tab, you’ll also find a Blank one. We’ve placed it there so that you can quickly create a new template you love, starting fresh everytime you feel like it. Once you’ve imported this ‘layout,’ the theme automatically brings you in tagDiv Composer page builder, on a blank ‘page.’
Add rows, elements, blocks and create whatever structure you may want to. Just drag and drop the elements marked with ‘single’ in their name (the “page title” item is the post title) and arrange them. You can begin editing by clicking on them.
When the design is ready, click the Save icon then navigate to the post you want to use the template on. In the Post Template panel all you have to do to apply it to your post is select the template.
Wait, there’s more:
- After you assigned a template on a post, you can always edit it in tagDiv Composer. Please note that if multiple articles use the layout, the changes will be automatically applied to all of them.
- You can edit a template before assigning it to a post, but when doing so, you’ll see the content and elements replaced by grey placeholders.
If you need more information, check out our theme documentation.
Instead of a wrap-up
No more limitations! Break free from the old restraints of what you “can & can’t do” by embracing a new way of editing. Your articles and posts can now be a touch more personal and unique. Different looks for different tastes. Everything can now be customized, so you have infinite possibilities right at your fingertips. Assigning a template to a post can now be just the stepping stone.
Try more, create more & impress your audience. Have you created a cool new template design using our Newspaper Theme? If so, feel free to share your crafted designs in the comment section below. 🙂